The 'New Different'...the world wakes ups

As we enter the last few days of June I am beginning to notice the human world waking up as I go out on my bicycle. The quietness has gone from the roads and the park as people make the most of the weather. In April I talked about the things we miss.  So much of what we took for granted had been removed from our lives and we learned to do things differently.  I find myself saddened by the loss of human connection in the physical world yet grateful for this quiet time and will mourn its passing if not its uncertainty. Least of all, the world we share has had a small respite from all that we do as we live, travel and work across its surface.
 It is timely to announce I am taking part in the exhibition "For the Love of Gaia" at the International Quilt Museum Nebraska with a new work 'The Downs: Wind Torn'. I invite you to join me to hear from the guest curator Luana Rubin and featured artists and receive take a virtual tour of the exhibition

The topic of climate change infiltrates our news daily as changing weather patterns, rising sea levels, and catastrophic natural disasters impact the world. Guest curator Luana Rubin draws attention to this current issue through quilts that focus on humankind’s impact on the earth.

Artists in the exhibition include Betty Busby, Hollis Chatelain, Sheila Frampton Cooper, Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry, Ihor Gawdan, Galla Grotto, Cas Holmes, Katalin Horvath, MJ Kinman, Susan Brubaker Knapp, Shizuko Kuroha, Kathy Nida, Luana Rubin and Susan de Vanny.


Image may contain: one or more people and indoor, text that says "WEST DEAN COLLEGE ARTS & CONSERVATION Drawing and painting outdoors with Cas Holmes"

Delighted to be included in this free guide by West Dean College. Sign up to their newsletter and get access to two videos from myself (and another by Joanna Veevers). All news and activities you can take part in can be found via their on-line hub

You can see my recent drawing on location, working fluidly between outside and inside spaces. Now the gardens are open to the public seems the ideal time to explore. Images from Mote Park below



I continue to work on new projects at home. Enjoying more drawing, walking and cycling time.

Have a good summer and stay safe.

Comments

Cas Holmes said…
HI Susan..You will have received a newsletter by now with the link in it. I hope.

all best

Cas
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts