Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival and other travels

I am getting ready to leave for Japan with Art Textiles Made in Britain for the Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival this month. I am so looking forward to this short revisit after studies early in my career. 
I am working on one of the pieces which also features as the front cover of Textile Landscape above. While I am away, My colleagues at Art Textile Made in Britain will be installing our exhibition Wild at Maidstone Museum and Art Gallery.  Local artists will be there on 8th February 1.00-4.00 pm to answer questions about the work. Further details of future events can be found under exhibitions link on this blog 
Gypsy Maker 4 opens for its tour on 15th February at the Riverfront Gallery, Newport the birthplace of my Romany Grandmother. I  am proud to be involved with this exhibition with the sculptor Dan Turner an initiative that supports the development of innovative works by established and emerging Gypsy, Roma and Traveller artists. The exhibition is supported by Romani Cultural and Art Company and Arts Council Wales will tour to three venues:
The Riverfront, Kingsway, Newport from 17th February -16th March
Rug, Unit 16, Ground Floor, Capitol Centre, Queen Street, Cardiff, 21st March-18th April.
The Factory, Jenkin Street, Porth, 27 April-22 May. 
It is appropriate as I set off my travels that I started the year with a new course at West Dean College 'Mapping Your Space'. As the wind created its own soundscape as it whistled around the building as we worked it was not until the final day we saw some sunshine as it shone on the wonderful flint of the walls.
I have two more courses coming up at West Dean in May and June. Just follow the link to my page hereBelow are a few images of work in progress (Thankyou to the participants for allowing me to reproduce them).
Bev Behrens
Alison Todd
Catherine Keane
Kath Lawton
Liz Corrigan
Terina Foster-Friend
Jan Slater
No photo description available.
Jan Tregidgo
No photo description available.
I have two more courses coming up at West Dean in May and June. Just follow the link to my page here.This time my mug will not be with me. I lost htis on my way to Chichester. Lets see if I can keep hold of stuff on this trip! I will be posting updates on Facebook and Instagram pages as I travel.

Comments

susan hemann said…
Such fun!! I noticed your account is private on Instagram. Just put in a request to follow. I love your books!

Popular Posts