'Forgotten Treasures.

I had forgotten what is was like to just sit for a while so was pleased to have had a relatively quiet time catching up with family in Norfolk in late April when I visited my mother. It is great to see she is able to carry on enjoying her garden. As a child, no matter what went on in the house the garden had to be looked after. It is her pride and joy, 'her treasure'. It was nice to just sit, chat and sketch the 'Forget Me Nots'.


 I also had a little time to go to the beautiful Norwich Cathedral to see the fabulous Ana Maria Pacheco sculpture.
and sit in the little herb garden in the Cathedral grounds. Another little treasure.

Since then I have been preparing work for exhibitions later in the year. I am delighted to have been accepted for the 6th European Quilt-Triennial in Textilsammlung Max Berk/Kurpfälzisches Museum, Heidelberg in the Autumn with a piece from  the 'Waterland' series called 'High Water'.
I am also preparing work for  'Common Threads, Common Land'  Art Textil Sent , Switzerland. More information on my exhibitions page. Further updates later.
Finally, I am back with a workshop at the wonderful studio Preniac, France at the end of the month drawing ideas from the inspirational landscape, gardens, plants of the local area. Add wonderful hosts, good home cooked food and absorb the atmosphere. Of course, I am also madly preparing for visit to Australia in July. So no rest for the wicked.
 Sunflowers around Préniac

Comments

Popular Posts