A Brief Day at the Knitting and Stitching Show

I was able to visit the Knitting and Stitching Show last Friday and whilst there took some images of pieces which caught my eye.  First The Fine Arts Textiles Award


Mandy Coppes-Martin   Transient Myopia

Marian Jazmik Stems and Stalks

Jess Blaustein Table Settings The winning piece
Jane Walkley Rhythm of the Weave III

A lot of the galleries featured figurative work this year


Piece in Foreground Stats 2022



The 62 Group also marked their 60th Year.
Debbie Lyddon
Louise Baldwin
Sian Martin
Near to the members area I was able to take in the Grenfell Memorial Quilt, a inclusive community project set up to provide an outlet for the emotions of those affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy and as a tribute to the 72 people who died. 


You can see all the galleries which will be at Harrogate here

The Embroiderer's Guild Graduate Showcase was worth a visit


Suzy Ager


Damasque Wells

Damasque Wells work particularly felt like a contemporary take on some of the pieces echoed in the Embroiderer's Guild Collections exhibition in celebration of Embroidery magazine having been in print for 90 years. The exhibition illustrates how embroidery has developed through the decades.

Mary Rhodes

Audrey Walker

I also had a piece in the Collections exhibtion seen alongside Shelley Rhodes exquisite small pieces. It is called Emakimono and you can  hear more about it here.

and caught up with book signing on the Batsford stand.

I am sure with my short stay I missed so much. It was good to be with my textile family if for a short time.





Comments

What interesting pieces to gaze upon and ponder. It's been a while since I've been to a gallery and I need to make a point of going soon. My best to you!
Cas Holmes said…
It was a good day to meet up with like minded friends and colleagues Jocelyn

Popular Posts