Tell A Story

Tell Me A Story:
As we come out of a lockdown it seem fitting that we are drawn to our outdoor spaces and meeting friends in our gardens. Thinking about the blossom today as I work on my fourth improvised sketchbook since the pandemic began last year. Page one, book 4:
 

I was delighted to feature in the latest issue (March) of The Quilter, the members-only magazine of The Quilter's Guild magazine in an article  by Janette Bell 'Tell Me a Story,' which looks at quilts with narrative. You may recognise the quilt, commissioned by the Garden Museum as the front cover of Stitch Stories

Also featured are the works of Cathy Corbishley Michel,  Ali Ferguson and Pauline Macaulay, Thankyou to Janet and the Quilter's Guild for giving me permission to feature the article on my blog.

 

Re-Think by Art Textiles Made in Britain will remain on show at Farfield Mill until 23 of May when the mill hopes to open later this month and take away a delicious slice of cake and a cuppa.

It was a thought provoking challenge to deliver a virtual course for West Dean College in March, balancing wires, cameras and laptops with the visual demonstration. The participants were fabulous and we were able to share our work and proceses more effectively than I had anticipated.  I am looking forward to being back at West Dean in June (waiting list only) and late August meeting students in the studios and taking joy in the fabulous gardens. The perfect place for a creative holiday in the UK.

All updates will be posted on my workshops and exhibitions will be posted on my website.


 

Comments

Popular Posts