Plantlife...Just a big thankyou

I am back from the Knitting and Stitching Shows and would like to thank the Embroiderers Guild UK and so many individuals who came to support Tea Flora Tales in aid of Plantlife. 
A lovely £450 was raised in total. So many volunteers helped at the events including the members of the Quilters Guild, Skipton branch of the EG and people from my local Adult Education. All became amazing ambassadors for Plantlife. Its story is not entirely over as sometime in the early 2019 Tea Flora Tales will be shown closer to home in the Medway Towns, Kent. The region in which Plantlife was has its flagship reserve in Ranscombe Farm (more news later).

It was lovely to be exhibiting alongside both the 100 Hearts (which I reported on in a previous blog alongside a short review of some of the other exhibitors) and the Graduate Showcase in the Kings Suite. 
Amy Elisabeth Vance.
 Fay Jones
 Jessica Grady
 Libby Vale
 Melanie Kay
Suzanne Redois 
 Jessie Dickinson

Kerry Napier

Apan Azad
It was fabulous to return to the Knitting and Stitching Show after considerable break away and thankyou to all the team who helped create such a lovely showcase for the work  (images below compliments of the Knitting and Stitching Show)


On the day of the show opening I found out that my first publication for Batsford, The Found Object in Textile Art was being reprinted. (Textile Landscape sold out at both shows before the last day, thankyou.) On the same day I was handed the current edition Stitch magazine which features my work in an article which looks at Mixed Media. 

I have a few days of  teaching at West Dean College and at Adult Education before winding down for the season. Last year, I spent some of Christmas Day in the studio outside. Might need to wrap up warm...I need to get back in there to explore.
 West Dean Trees

Comments

Popular Posts