Going to the Land Down Under

March did come in like a lion rather both in terms of weather and in terms of being busy. I have been packing and re-packing so I can take the minimum and do the maximum with it as I travel to Australia next week under the invitation of Fibre Arts Australia. It is appropriate that whilst I am away, that I have a piece, 'edges of Australia'  in the Page 17 Embroiderers' Guild exhibition at the Fashion and Embroidery Show- NEC Birmingham  15-18 March and Artrix in October 2018. Read more here. Here it is open at a section appropriate to marking Mother's day.

Nothing like working up to the last minute. I have just sent in the last proof for my next book Textile Landscape:Painting with Cloth  (Batsford) which is out in September.
 And organising photography with the my editor and my photographer Jacqui Hurst
Had a lovely interview with Helen Bowen of Sewing World Magazine in the March issue We Meet article (share the lead page here)
Finally, delighted to listed as one of the Five2Watch on Axisweb feature on five artists who create textile artworks early in the month.
Last week's snow, a view from my window,as I move to warmer climate

Looking for food

Comments

Popular Posts