Unfolding Landscape, Reconnecting, Remapping and Refreshed

The temperature is a little cooler and I am reminded that Autumn is fast approaching. I preparing for my next courses in the UK  which include a two day and one day workshop with Diva Design Studio, Logie Steading near Inverness on the 23-25 September and  Shadowlands at High Wycombe with Anglia Leisure Learning on the 6-8 October.
I have lived in and out of a suitcase over the Summer and have just returned from two weeks of  workshops with the  Alpine Experience where we basked in summer sunshine and showered in the odd storm, and also at West Dean Summer School (I will be running courses with both venues over the next year). I am also preparing for my last overseas course with Crafty Retreats next month. (I am back with them next July).

I am scheduling my time two to three years ahead now which is scary and I am determined to slow down a bit if I can....we shall see. My father called me 'mile a minute' and my Romany blood keeps me moving. This is no good if I cannot sit and see the flowers grow and watch the wonderful landscape around me changing. Such as the rainbow and purple larkspur? over the mountains at Les Carroz

A student finding the time to sketch
and the amazing colours in Annecy not dimmed by the dismal weather.
Below are a few images of the work in progress (some by compliments of the Alpine Experience)


A quick turnaround found me at West Dean for the summer school which started alongside the Chilli Festival. I do not think I have ever seen the grand old building in this light before and the grounds were at their best for the Unfolding Landscapes course.





A full class explored, discovered and became alchemists with media and materials as we used the stunning backdrop of West Dean Gardens as our stimulus.
 Christine Lemon
Deborah Richards
 Jacquie Nunn
 Jane Adams
 Mary Klaber
 Philippa Clarke
 Sabine De Preese
We also took in two local exhibitions, The  Land at Candida Stevens Gallery in Chichester  which features the work West Dean tutor  Kate Boucher (who is also Artist in Residence)
and 'All That Remains', with works by artists responding to the Titanic  This is open by invitation only (further details on exhibitions link)
 Maureen Brigden

 All That Remains Cas Holmes
Kate Boucher
Hop-Kins Cas Holmes

I was delighted to support  Through Our Hands at the Festival of Quilts in the Portrait Shuffle. They raised over £2000 for Save The Children. I am looking forward to receiving my swap soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer...I have some book editing to do now.
For details of other workshops and exhibitions please see relevant sections on this blog.





Comments

Popular Posts