Memory and Cloth

The last few days Autumn has truly arrived  and the wonderful late summer warmth of the wine valleys of Alsace where I exhibited as part of the European Patchwork Meeting feels a long time ago.  I am currently exhibiting in Memory Cloth at the  Lace Museum, Netherlands until 4th January 2015. This includes work by Els van Baarle, Cherlyn Martin (Netherlands) and Glenys Mann (Australia). Glenys first initiated her ideas about Memory Cloth after the Black Saturday bush fires in Australia in 2009  and talks about cloth has taking on 'the imprint of energy, the memory, of the body through the years of use and wear. Conversely, the body holds within, a memory of that cloth'. This exhibition has its roots in Australia and I am delighted to have been invited to take part in this exhibition as it comes to the Netherlands.You can also book on courses by the artists.



I am also please to have taken part in the Gardens and War Exhibition, Garden Museum, Lambeth,  (until 5 Jan 2015) on a  Handkerchief Project with Age UK Bromley and Greenwich (this project will be on display until mid to late November followed by work in ceramics).

Images by Jo Hone .By kind permission with the Garden Museum and participants of Age UK Bromley & Greenwich.

I have a few workshops coming up with guilds and groups.O25th and Sunday 26th October 2014, I am running two related weekend workshops with  Sew Not Strawberry Jam  in a gorgeous country setting near Tenterden, Kent along the theme of Autumn Hedgerows and Marshlands.

Finally, a four page review of my work appeared in the Fall edition of Fiber Art Now by the wonderful John Hopper of Textileblog fame




Comments

fastwork said…
I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
เสื้อ นัก มวย
customkilt.com said…
yes you are right but what about customkilt

Popular Posts