Summer Stitching: Work and Play.

 
Watering Can Small Sketch

July has been a scorcher so far, watering can in great need. I have just completed my last day of teaching at Adult Education until the Autumn term .I am at West Dean shortly delivering a Summer School 'Tracing Shadows' in August and teaching in France in September.  Hoping to find more time to sit outside, enjoy the weather, and stitch and sketch. As Autumn approaches, an article  'From Sketch to Stitch' appears in August/September Stitch Magazine about  my approach to linking drawing with stitching. You may recognise a few pieces including Tea-Flora-Tales in progress.

Bluebell quilt featured in the magazine will also be displayed as part of the Finest Stitches exhibition in Macclesfield Silk Museum. I also have a piece in the 5th European Quilt Triennial at Festival of Quilts but sadly cannot get there this year.

 Finally I have a had this wonderful comment to me and more importantly my native Fenland and Gypsy roots by a most fantastic writer Sarah Salway in her Writer in the Garden blog.

This is what Grandad Holmes said when replanting flowers in the veggie patch:

I will always plant some flowers as we need flowers to feed our souls as well as vegetables to feed our belly.’ 








Comments

Beverley said…
Love the images Cas.
Agy said…
Great quote from your grandpa. Flowers always make me feel happy :-)

Popular Posts