All at Sea: Embroidery Magazine, Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope Exhibition and Workshops

Places, Spaces, Traces exhibited at Sint Anna-ten-Drieën, during the Summer will be touring in the UK during 2022-23:

The Shipping Forecast at Sint Anna-ten-Drien

The first venue is at Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope Art Gallery from 7 December 2022 until 7 January 2023.

The exhibition reflects on my Romani heritage and our concept of place. I am interested in the commonalities we have as people, the need for a place of our own, family and food. With migration, changes in our working lives and increasing opportunities to travel, our certainty about who we are and where we fit in is unsure.

Please look on the exhibitions page on my website for further venues.

Front cover by Jenny Adin-Christie 

I am thrilled to have a four page article  'All at Sea' in the latest edition of Embroidery magazine Finding myself becalmed the article explores some of the themes covered in the exhibtion and how I am continuing my practice through changing circumstances at home



You can order a copy virtually or digitally via the Embroidery Magazine website

New work, Emaki-Mono is also currently on exhibition with the The Embroiderers’ Guild – UK as part of the Collections exhibition at the Knitting & Stitching Shows in Harrogate.


Workshops

Discovery Maps

Finally, but not least I am delighted to be able to offer a bespoke online course for West Dean College:

Create A Stitch-Sketchbook Map-20 and 22 February 2023

Develop your visual narrative in mixed-media textiles using stitch, paint and collage to create improvisational folding book forms, as you reference ideas surrounding a journey or place.

A limited number of places available on this live via Zoom course on Monday February 20th and Wednesday 22nd February 2023. Tuesday 21st is an untutored day for self-directed study while developing your work. £150

Fingers crossed, I am currently scheduling a live workshop with West Dean for September 2023

All future workshops will be posted on my workshops link on my website.

That my exhibitions and some events have been able to take place has been due to the generousity of my project partners and friends. Private views, talks and workshops have been held virtually where I have not been able to attend personally due to a change in personal circumstances. 

I would like to thank them all here for supporting me in the last year enabling me to keep my practice going alongside my role as a carer/enabler.

Who would have known that the skills I developed during the last couple of years of the pandemic would prove so useful now?




Comments

Popular Posts