Spring Cleaning

May is here yet judging by recent temperatures it does not feel like it. We have been tidying up and getting organised. Not least because an exciting filming project was going on in my workshop (more to be revealed later).

Photograph courtesy of Gary Weston.

It was a lesson in moving stuff out of the space, moving different filming stuff in and repositioning things so filming could happen yet still making the space feel like my studio with half the floor space.

Improvisation saw us using the roof support beams as lighting and camera rigs. The 'us' being Gary Weston, video production,  Derek (my partner) and self following full Covid guidelines.

Delighted to have created a collage drawing:a story in a teacup as part of the Romani Cultural and Arts Company, Women's Project supported by The National Lottery Community Fund. Self shot realise my hair is greyer now!!!

Recently completed a special commission for an amazing individual and feel honoured to have been able to interpret their ideas in an 'Unfolding Landscape' based on  Genesis 8:22

“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”

I have continued with a few bespoke on-line courses over the last couple of months. Participants have been fabulous and totalling accepting of the juggling of wires and cameras. I will be doing less teaching as we move towards summer so I can focus on my own work and plan for exhibitions later in 2021 and 2022. Details of current courses and works for sale are on my website.

The park is misty in the morning yet revealing its green side more each day. Spring is late in arriving yet so welcome.









Comments

Popular Posts