The Open Road '

The exhibition Gypsy Maker 4, supported by the Romani Cultural and Arts Council, officially closed this weekend on what would have been my Grandmother's birth date. You can still see a virtual exhibition on the Art in the Attic link until 19 June.
I wonder what she would have made of this current situation we are in. I know that she would recognise the eagerness in me to get out on to the 'open road' when I could during this period of confinement. 'Drom' means the 'way' or road in Romani and I am finding 'my way'.
Hers is the generation that saw two World Wars, The Great Depression and the Spanish Flu..not forgetting the Cuban missile crisis. As hard as it feels at times, we will get through this. In 1994 she received a highly commended from Norfolk County Council Libraries Service for her 'Memories of a Romany Childhood'
Thankyou for those who purchased sets of my postcards. All the monies from the sales (except for postage) went to the Trussel Trust. An assorted set of 7-8 cards is £7, at least £5 will go to the trust (all of the hearts have gone) I am also donating 10% of sales from my shop at this time to Shelter. 
During the last few weeks I have working on projects for exhibition next year.

Finally, all going well and no down time in the service, I go live with Fibre Arts Take Two  on Facebook this Friday at 10.00am GMT and 7.00pm in Australia. So lets discuss what we value and miss and the value of creativity at this time..

Comments

Popular Posts